Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ain't No Mountain High Enough for Ricky Allman

Being a painter myself, I have a special appreciation for painters who make their blacks and whites full of color.  I've discussed this very topic on F***ART before and my most recent Ffffound ffffind, Ricky Allman, is one such artist whose color-saturated whites I just want to live in.  Mr. Allman's colorful and mountainous work makes me imagine he's the Himalayan lovechild of Peter Doig and Jules de Balincourt, two of my favorite contemporary painters.  In light of the fact that Mr. Doig and Mr. de Balincourt have nature working against any attempts at making Sherpa babies, and because his work is really fun to look at, I feel extremely lucky to have come across Mr. Allman's website:  http://www.rickyallman.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment